Friday, December 23, 2011

Feature Friday: Rachel Firasek

 

Today, I'm pumped to say that we have Rachel Firasek with us!
Everyone please welcome Rachel...
----------------------------
Hey Rachel! I’m so glad you’re stopping by The Ink Puddle. Can you start off by telling us a little about yourself?

Thank you for having me! About me....hmmm...I'm an author, mother, wife, sister, daughter, shephard, friend, office manager, chameleon, and a master of wearing hats. I live in a busy world of chaos and courtesy. :) It's a fun life!


What’s your writing process for creating a novel? (For instance, do you use an outline or do you just wing it?)

I'm mostly a total pantser---something I've been trying to break. Recently, I've found a plan that works pretty good for keeping me on track. I've began mapping the basic story line and using it as a guide for my pantsing.

What is the premise behind your Curse of the Phoenix series?

Three women with troubled pasts are turned into Phoenixes by Osiris, god of the Underworld. They'll pay penance for past sins until he deems them worthy of the return of their mortality. As part of their penance, they must die for a worthy soul--over and over again.

I love how each of your books covered one specific story and character’s life. Do you have a favorite character from your story?

Sadie, is really special to me--she's the fiery phoenix. She's in the third book: The Last Beginning which will come out in January. Ari was easiest to love. And Ice was my challenge.

When and where do you do your best writing?

I have a small wooden desk that my husband's older brother built at the age of 12. It's old, a little rough around the edges, but sturdy--kind of like me--if you call 34 old. :) The desk is tucked into what used to be my breakfast nook and has the best view in the house.

Now, let’s go for some fun questions…
What’s your favorite part about Christmas time?

Oh, I'm not a big Christmas fan, but their is a tradition that I love. I adore going to look at lights. Since my kids are older and my hubs is not so crazy about the tradition, I usually have to do it on my own after work.

Best TV show of the year?

True Blood of course--even if most of the season was suckish. :) I'm a vampy girl.

If you could go back to your 21 year old self and tell her anything, what would you tell her?

Wow, I'd already done most of the damage. It would probably be: don't wait until your kidlets are older to write. They won't remember the sacrifice and won't care when they're teens. (that's a totally selfish thought. lol.)

Any New Years resolutions?

I set goals not resolutions. So, my goal next year is to write: 2 novels, 3 novellas, 4 shorts and to find a rhythm with my blog.

If you could have any superhero ability in the world, what would you choose to have?

I want to fly. I dream about flying all the time and it's way cool in my dreams. No-not superman flying, I look like a ballerina walking on clouds. (in my dreams)

And of course, what can we be expecting next from you?

I have a contemporary novella that I'd like to revamp and get out. Oh, and I have two YA novels in mind this year. Of course, I'll have to come up with a new PR series. I can't go without my taste of dark wrapped in.

Thank you so much for having me on today!!!
 ----------------------

Thank YOU Rachel! I hope you guys enjoyed the interview and I really hope you read these books. And did we mention how gorgeous those covers are? Simply breathtaking! To see our review of The Last Rising, the first book in the Curse of the Phoenix series, click here.

No comments: