Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Teaser Tuesday!

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly event, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

Here are the rules: Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page. Share with us two sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12. (You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your teaser from, that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!) Remember not to post anything that could spoil the plot of the post.

"Then, I saw the eyes.
My heart stopped, and I sat up quickly, banging my head against the shelf. Dust showered me as I scooted to the far corner, gasping. I'd seen those eyes before, glowing green and intelligent..."

That is J's teaser for the week from The Iron King by Julie Kagawa.

"We were looking eye to eye.  Dad looked like me.  I looked like dad. 
We were twins.  We were freaks."

And there is M's from Happy Birthday to Me by Brian Rowe.

What do you think? What's your teaser today?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay Iron King! I love that series so much:) I think the books get better as the series progresses, so I can't wait to see what you think! Happy Birthday to Me is on my list as well, I'm looking forward to that one:)

Shilpa Mudiganti said...

I like the Iron King's teaser. But its no teaser to me anymore. :) You can check mine that I posted yesterday but that is from my own upcoming book! - www.smmirza.blogspot.com!

Jordan Butcher said...

Shilpa,
I read your review on The Iron King and thought it sounded great. I actually got to meet Julie Kagawa yesterday so I'm going to post all my pictures and fun stuff from the book signing on Friday with my review. I'm pumped. :)
And I just started following your blog! I love it!

Jenny,
One of the only things I dislike about book blogging is that I feel like I need to read all kinds of books, not just focus on finishing a series I'm into once I'm started. This book is awesome though so I'm thinking I'll have to make some kind of exception to my own rule! :)