Thursday, April 26, 2012

Booking Through Thursday

Has a book ever inspired you to change anything in your life, fiction or non-fiction alike?
The first book that comes to mind is Ordinary People by Judith Guest. This was one that I read my Junior year of high school in my English class with Mr. Barrett. Everyone hated him and thought he was the hardest/ meanest teacher ever, but I enjoyed his teaching so much I ended up taking another class with him the year after! (Even though he had completely changed my hand writing by the end of the semester...)

This book is about an average family going through the loss of their son, or brother in Conrad's eyes. Though the book focuses most on Conrad's view, you also get the in on mom and dad as well. There was specifically a breakthrough scene with Conrad's therapist that just hit me in the rawest way...

I was going through a really difficult time when I read this and I'm not entirely sure why this book meant as much to me as it did, but I'm so glad I read it. It was theraputic in so many ways. This is a book that if you ever get the chance to pick up, you should. It's also a movie, but as usually the movie was nearly as good as the book.

To see other BTT, click here.

No comments: