Friday, April 13, 2012

Review: Fate's Design by Lola James

“A summer vacation in Italy with her twin sister, Morgan, is just what Megan Romano needs. But instead of fun, wine, and relaxation, she finds unexpected romance. Alexandros DiPiero, a sexy and mysterious Italian businessman, falls for Megan the minute he lays eyes on her, but Megan knows it’s too good to be true.

Increasingly haunting dreams that warn of danger and destiny plague Megan’s every sleeping moment. As her nightmares become deadly and her love life heats up, Megan will come face to face with her worst fear.”
Fate’s Design is the second book by Lola James I’ve read. Some of the things that I adored about the book was the idea of twins. The connection Megan and Morgan have is one that you always want with your siblings but in a lot of cases don’t know how to achieve. The setting was refreshing as Lola does a great job of bringing you into the language and scenery of Italy and the Italian speaking hunk Alex is definitely swoon-worthy.
A small pet peeve I had that I feel the need to share was how much Alex said called Megan “love”. The word is said a total 290 times, which was just too much love for me!
While I enjoyed the story, it took me half way through the book to really find myself caring deeply for these characters. I didn’t feel like things were as connected as they could have been and the story didn’t captivate me the way I longed for it to. Some situations felt rushed, while some got too much attention and others not enough. Things do tie together eventually though, with an ending I was pleased to see.
My rating for this book:
One of the things we pride ourselves in here at The Ink Puddle is giving honest reviews. And I know I’ve gotten much critism for doing that in the past but if we’re not honest, what good is our blog for anyway? So as much as this book didn’t personally win me over, there isn’t a doubt in my mind I’ll be picking up Lola’s next novel. 

Stay tuned, tomorrow I'll be posting our interview! :)

 

1 comment:

Silvy said...

This review deserves a comment,I couldn't resist not to comment.
It's great and honest review.
Even if you say that the book is so-so I'll try to find this book and read it of curiosity.
Thanks for sharing this.