Thursday, January 26, 2012

Introducing... Our New Reviewer!

Wow! Wasn't that fast!
As you guys could see, we posted Tuesday that we were in need of another reviewer. That very morning we got an e-mail from Crissy. Neither Meg or I expected the process to go by nearly that quickly. But man are we happy to have her! Crissy actually went to high school with us and is someone I've been chinwagging endlessly about The Lying Game for the past month or so. So when she said she was interested, it was like it was meant to be!

Today we have put together a little interview so you can get to know a little about your new writer.

If you could be a superhero, which one would you be?
Rogue (X-Men)

What is your favorite book of ALL time? Why?
That's an incredibly hard question for me to answer! I've read so many over the years, it's hard to really pin down a favorite, let alone a favorite of ALL time. I guess, if I had to pick one, it would be The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks because, hopeless romantic that I am, I love any story that involves even the slightest bit of romance. And Sparks' books are always well-written, captivating, and chock full of romance. He's one of the authors that I count on to always have a good love story to read, even if, more often than not, the stories leave me shedding a tear or two at the end, as this one definitely did.

You're in college like the rest of us, what are you going for a degree in?
I'm currently pursuing a degree in Psychology, with a minor in English.

The best thing about reading a good book is__________.
The best thing about reading a good book is being able to step out of your own world and into the endless variety of worlds that fiction can provide.

Kindle or Nook?
Kindle.

Favorite vampire character of all time? (Book, movie, TV show, ect)
Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Angel)

Is there a specific quote you live by? If so, what?
"I can do all things through him who strengthens me." -- Philippians 4:13 (ESV)

Best restaurant to eat out at?
Olive Garden. Hands down.

What has you most excited about joining The Ink Puddle team?
I'm really looking forward to reading some new books and experiencing some new authors.

So everyone, please give a warm welcome to Crissy! She will be doing her first review next week on The Lightforce Rebellion by Christopher Walker. So be sure to tune in and see what she has to say!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

"The best thing about reading a good book is being able to step out of your own world and into the endless variety of worlds that fiction can provide."

YES! That sums exactly why I love to read as well:) Welcome to the Ink Puddle Crissy, looking forward to reading your reviews!